About The Role
The Technology division manages and supports all aspect of technology delivery across the Bank, from maintaining critical systems which underpin the UK economy, to providing complex data analytics, implementing comprehensive cyber security programmes, and introducing innovative solutions in support of a digital workplace.
Technology’s key objective is to support all other areas of the Bank in achieving our collective mission to promote the good of the people of the UK by maintaining monetary and financial stability. This is achieved through the delivery of appropriate, high performing, resilient solutions and information services across the organisation and externally.
Technology is structured around a simple operating model: Analyse - Delivery – Service – Security – and an organisation in support of the CIO. This model ensures transparency and effectiveness in our delivery, prioritisation and cost base for IT services.
The Delivery division develops and maintains our IT applications and infrastructure, working with Analyse to translate requirements and high level outline solutions into new and enhanced services. Delivery also provides on-going maintenance and support across our IT estate to ensure that we continually deliver great service to our customers.
Within Delivery, Financial Systems Solutions (FSS) develops and supports a number of the Bank’s critical services. The Integration team (IMS) has responsibility for developing the Bank’s middleware applications which are predominantly used by Banking, Markets and Finance. IMS are also responsible for delivering the Managed File Transfer facility (GoAnywhere) that is used extensively throughout the bank to transfer data files.
IMS currently comprises a team leader, and seven middleware developers.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Use their technical and business experience to support the Bank’s Live and UAT middleware systems.
- Deliver high quality software components and documentation which conform to IS guidelines and standards.
- Evaluate business requirements and produce estimates, solutions and functional specifications for the development of change requests as part of scheduled maintenance releases and ‘standalone’ changes.
- Share knowledge, contribute to technical discussions and assist other team members when necessary.
- Provide daily support of the Bank’s operational Live and UAT middleware systems; monitoring performance and ensure full and rapid problem resolution.
- Role may require support out of hours (including weekend working).
Skills And Expertise
- Have a good understanding of file transfer methods, security protocols and certificate management.
- Have experience developing application software using IBM TX (8.4), IBM MQ (7.5)and/or Oracle/SQL Server.
- Have a good understanding and familiarity with the full software development lifecycle and different software development models.
- Have an understanding of technical architectures.
- Have a level of software testing experience sufficient to take part in test activities including unit testing, system testing and user acceptance test support.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, organisation, self-motivation and a desire for self-improvement.
- Be able to analyse business requirements.
- Have an understanding of good team practice and the ability to work with others sharing knowledge/experience when appropriate.
- Have good interpersonal communication skills with an ability to interpret and present information to a variety of recipients using suitable modes of communication.
- Have the ability to create concise, informative technical documentation.
- Demonstrate the desire and ability to seek up to date information from elsewhere and apply this in relation to design, development, support and management activities.
- Have the ability to form relationships with business users and demonstrate an understanding of business processes.
- Desirable – Any experience with GoAnywhere product (or ability to learn file transfer system) - www.goanywhere.com/managed-file-transfer.
Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity and apply today!