About The Role
As the Project Engineer - Communication Systems, you will be developing, rolling out and maintaining the connected fleet platform, working primarily with, but not limited to the rail industry. You will install, configure and administer services on production and development servers. Maintain and administer fleet monitoring and configuration software. Assist with specification, set-up and operation of data centre infrastructure and on-train hardware. Work with software developers to enhance, test and deploy the platform.
The role will primarily be based at the office , but there are opportunities for travel to customer meetings, site visits etc. both within UK and abroad.
Computer Science, Telecommunications, IT or other relevant degree.
- Experience working in a project delivery / operational / support environment.
- System fault-finding skills for network-related systems (including monitoring, diagnostics, analysis).
- Good customer-facing skills.
- You will have had some exposure to TCP/IP, Ethernet and Wi-Fi networking fundamentals.
- Scripting skills in Python and Bash.
- Experience working with Linux servers (preferably Debian derived), including set-up and administration of common services, routing and IP Tables.
- You know how to administer multiple hosts with SaltStack or Ansible.
- You know how to set up a host monitoring system using Icinga and/or Nagios.
- Ability to configure Grafana or equivalent dashboard for monitoring system.
- Experience with virtualisation technologies, preferably Linux KVM.
- Experience with wireless network deployment, wireless LAN controllers and an appreciation of networking in a dynamic environment.
- Rail or other transport industry experience.
Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity and apply today!