About The Role
You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications in a specific portfolio. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Where necessary you will support the configuration and adoption of tools and services to help teams manage and deploy releases into production.
You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code from development into test and production environments. The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers.
This position also works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
Role and Responsibilities
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with development to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services within a portfolio and ensures alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Advises on the scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyses their application to current configuration management needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6 years of previous release management experience
- 10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Formal training in project management practices preferred
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity and apply today!