About The Role
As the Systems Engineer, you will be working with the Communications Systems Team, architecting and managing the roll out of data centre infrastructure for our connected fleet platform, working with, but not limited to, the rail industry.
Your tasks will include:
- Maintain and enhance existing monitoring and configuration tools.
- Provide engineering-level support for atypical faults.
- Work with software developers to enhance, test and deploy the platform.
- Gather and capture detailed customer networking requirements.
- Architect bespoke physical and cloud based data centre infrastructure solutions according to the project requirements.
The role will primarily be based at the office, but will require some travel for customer meetings, site visits etc.
- Strong networking skills including TCP/IP, policy based routing, layer 2 and 3 tunnelling, SSL, DNS and NAT.
- Experience in the design and deployment of monitoring tools e.g. ICINGA, Nagios, SolarWinds.
- Experience in the design and deployment of configuration management tools e.g. SaltStack, Ansible.
- Scripting skills in Bash, Python, Perl or similar.
- Experience of working with Linux servers (preferably Debian derived), including set-up and administration of common services, routing and IPTables.
- Experience of working in a virtualized environment.
- Excellent communication skills. You will be interacting with customers, support teams, service providers and developers.
- DB Administration experience using MySQL.
- Experience with wireless network deployment, wireless LAN controllers and an appreciation of networking in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of load balancing and failover mechanisms.
- Rail or other transport industry experience.
Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity and apply today!