About The Role
A hands-on role as an agile tester in a technical environment that is self-motivated and exhibits initiative. You will report into the QA Manager, working with a team of developers across multiple projects. The role will involve working as part of a medium sized development team. Testing related activities will include: developing and designing test plans, scenarios and acceptance criteria, production of test scripts and test execution as well as being involved in test coordination and management.
- Testing software in accordance with the acceptance criteria and give timely feedback to the dev team on any faults raised
- Promoting and adhering to the test strategy where applicable
- Providing feedback to the scrum team on the status of QA activities during stand ups
- Providing adequate detail on the quality status of a feature or features within a development cycle
- Conducting functional, integration and system testing activities during develop phases.
Skills and Experience
Candidates must have experience of liaising between development, test and business teams. You will be working closely with the project team, following an agile approach capturing user journeys and creating test scripts. The candidate must be a self-learner, keeping abreast of changes within the testing industry and software development as a whole. The candidate must be able to exhibit the following:
- Experience writing black box and GUI test cases, designing tests to mitigate risks, and helping business experts define requirements
- A good understanding of web application architecture
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to distinguish between the varying challenges of System, Integration, Regression Automated and User acceptance testing
- Experience of collaborating with programmers and business experts
- An understanding of the challenges of the Agile methodology
- A positive can do attitude and enthusiasm, and the capability of learning new technologies
- Ability to tailor an incident report for various members of the delivery team
- Ability to interrogate a database using SQL or visual tools to extract relevant data
- Industry awareness as a software tester and an IT professional
- Ability to negotiate and debate with members of the delivery team using business contextual scenarios
- Demonstrate the use and advantages of heuristic evaluation during software testing
- Ability to optimize daily, weekly and ad hoc tasks by scheduling and or prioritisation.
Additionally, the following would be valuable:
- Demonstrable scripting or programming skill in a programming language, particularly C# or Python
- Practical knowledge of Jmeter and performance testing
- More advanced knowledge of SQL and other database systems
- Basic knowledge of test automation techniques
If you are interested, please send your CV, a covering letter setting out your availability to start work immediately.
Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity and apply today!